Thursday, January 21, 2010

Love Food, Dining Out? Try Chowhound!


ARE YOU A CHOWHOUND?


Chowhound is a foodie's dream. It's motto - for those who live to eat - neatly sums up what this site is all about.

It's a social network for people who care about food and want find the best products, hottest restaurants and hidden gems around North America. A tool for both locals and culinary travelers, Chowhound offers a forum to discuss restaurants, find new and interesting products and Chowfinds.

The thing I love about Chowhound is that everyone has an opinion about food! Chow allows fellow foodies to share, debate and outright brawl over where to find the best pizza, how best to eat your way through a weekend in Baltimore or where to find jerusalem artichokes.

Any ingredient, any restaurant, any place in the world - it can be found on Chowhound!

This site has holds tremendous potential for those of us in PR. Chowhound is the home of culinary 'influentials' - tastemakers who can create buzz and drive traffic. One of the most common posters on the Toronto board is Jamie Kennedy - celebrity chef and locavore advocate.

I have been using the site for years and highly recommend it to anyone who loves food and wants to know where to find the best of everything.

I've chowhound used to find date restaurants and to get recommendations on what to eat while on vacation. I look forward to seeing my fellow chowhounders at the latest 'find' soon!



Check out other reviews of Chowhound here and here!

4 comments:

  1. Hiya~
    Your review looks great! I like all the extra links you've put in. It's short, it's sweet and it's convincing. I dig it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chowhound is an incredibly useful social media application and has huge potential for those in public relations (especially for those working in the food and beverage industry). Your blog post is well-written, Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so unbelievably useful Mike. Your elevator pitch enticed me to search through the application all weekend for good places to eat. Now I know where to go when I'm looking for the best Jerusalem artichokes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great application Mike. I remembered your elevator pitch and I used it when I was in New York and it introduced me to a lot of great places. I use it all the time now when I don't know where I should go and eat!

    ReplyDelete